Vintage hard case suitcase, rescued and refurbished into a basscase. The busker's companion with plenty of storage and all sorts of clever features. This one belonged to a J.S, likely from the 70s. We don't know who J.S is, but we kept the initials for posterity, if you would like these fully removed please let us know upon purchase.
This particular trunk of funk enjoys the following,-
- Half depth 14" snare drum shell, mounted with lugs on exterior to allow standard tuning technique.
- Reinforced shell housing for stability and weight distribution. Repurposed clothes rail secured to provide 'spurs' and stability.
- Triple flanged snare side hoops, modified to prevent overthrow, i.e to allow the beater to strike at 90 degrees.
- As many vintage features kept as possible, inner retractable carapace, braces, and toiletry case retained for bass drum connector plate (plus clutches, spares etc when in use).
- Remo Ambassador 14" batter head with some demo use, small choice of alternative heads available upon request.
- Internal damper, easily controlled from the hotseat while playing.
- Retractable hinge with removable bass pedal connecting plate.
- Pedal not included.
Prefer something different? Anything is possible, get in touch at email@example.com and we can create something to your specification.
Shipped from Scotland, UK